We all know that we’re supposed to floss our teeth once a day. Flossing is important, not just for getting food out of hard-to-reach spaces, but also for preventing gum disease and tooth decay. A lot of people don’t floss because they don’t know how to do it properly.
Flossing can be an easy activity to add to your daily routine if you follow these steps:
- Choose your floss—wax slides in between teeth more easily
- Use about 18 inches of floss each time, so you can use different parts for different spots
- Look in your mirror to guide the floss between teeth
- Gently move the floss up and down between all teeth, lightly scraping the sides
- Rinse with either water or mouthwash